Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 9 - Mission Accomplished





Today started very early. Our gracious volunteer Jim around 4:30 A.M. picked us up. We headed to our new headquarters at the VFW to pick up the door hangers. Emilio, Damaris, Jim, and I dropped the lit all around town until we headed over to a local middle school where Hillary would be appearing. When we arrived a few people were there already voting and some visibility folks had already shown up. I could feel the excitement looming! I poured coffee for volunteers and handed out donuts. Now I being the nice guy that I was I gave McCain, Obama, Richardson, and others coffee and donuts too! When Hillary showed up it was complete chaos. I was so excited to see her again and shake here hand. Now what happened next is something that I would never forget. When Hillary came over to the volunteer crowd she focused and me and reached over people to extend her hand to me and thank me for all of the hard work. She has a way of making you feel that you are the only two people in the room even if there is secret service, press, complete chaos ensuing around you. We left shortly after she did and continued canvassing all day. We had to get these people out to vote anyway possible. We canvassed until 7:55 P.M. in addition, we found out most people at that point had already voted but even if we found one that hadn’t it would have made a difference because every vote counts. My group was exhausted and decided to head back to the hotel to have a mini watch party on T.V. We discussed results as they came in and frantically called family and friends to share the excitement. Well I do not have to tell you that Hillary won the primary of N.H. Not only did she win she won every ward in Nashua, this just made all the blisters, sleepless nights, and hard work pay off. It was an experience I will never forget and would do again in a heartbeat. Congrats Hillary!

No comments: